Self-guided tours of Château de Cassaigne
Whether alone or with family and friends, come and enjoy this haven of tranquillity.
The Château courtyard, featuring a harmonious façade of yellow, ochre and pink stones, resounded with cries and laughter for many centuries in celebration of Armagnac. The same pleasure is stirred up today in the sounds of tours, the hum of coaches and the joyful echoes of walkers. The floral and imposing entrance, once evacuated by the vagaries of war and the bad harvests, is now more than ever filled with crowds of consumers, the parade of friends greeting each other with a smile and warm handshake, an invitation to return. The charm and secret elegance of the Château and its Armagnacs seduce their faithful fans who return year after year, and to whom Cassaigne owes its beautiful restoration.
Take a self-guided tour of the 16th century kitchen, the Armagnac ageing cellar, the perfume organ, the Château grounds, and the boutique home to an array of products, including wines, Armagnacs, flocs de Gascogne, prunes in Armagnac…
COST : €2.50 per person.
« Wine and Armagnac » guided tours at Château de Cassaigne
Come and discover an emblematic vineyard in the Côtes de Gascogne PGI and Armagnac appellation !
The tour will begin with the history of the Château, followed by a stroll in the vineyard where you will discover the terroirs and local grape varieties, including Manseng Noir, Colombard, Ugni Blanc, Baco, etc. You will then make your way over to the Armagnac ageing cellar to learn about the distillation process. The tour will draw to a close in the ancient 16th century kitchen, with a unique commented tasting of four wines and two Armagnacs from Château de Cassaigne (one aged for 12 years and one vintage).
- In the château: the kitchen and its vaulted ceiling, the barrel cellar, the living rooms, an olfactory journey…
- In the grounds: the fallow deer enclosure, the gardens, and the view over the vineyards
- The boutique where you will have the chance to taste a selection of wines and Armagnacs
- Several not-to-be-missed events are held during the summer season!
- Classical music concerts in the château courtyard in celebration of the « Nuits Musicales en Armagnac » festival
- Performances by French theatre company La Boîte à Jouer